21 April 2008

The trouble with hats...

A quick post today as I have a weather chart to make with Isabella before she heads off for a nap - I realised that I have been allowing tthe work for the business to start encroaching on my time with Isabella and I am determined to re-address the situation. After all, the time with her will soon go and can't be replaced, and much as I love my little business and could happily spend every minute on it, I need to remember that it was supposed to work around her until she is at school; then I can give it every moment, but in the meantime sticking things onto paper and messing around with paints is what we are planning for this morning and the afternoon will see me glued to the sewing machine while she sleeps!

Here are a few things which brightened my sewing room this weekend - cheery flags all waiting to be attached to tape to become reams of bright bunting for an order. I loved working on this as there was so much of it - 8metres in all - and the room almost glowed with colour; really lovely



I have also been making lots of little mop caps for ages 0 - 3 years in such pretty fabrics - gorgeous cotton poplins in delicate pinks



and lilacs



and even a beautiful sprigged yellow, usually a colour I struggle with as it can tend towards harshness).



These are all lovely and make me think of Jane Austen!


I do have to admit to finding the hats difficult to photograph for the website; Isabella, my model for the 2-3 year range, is just not ready for her close-up! These were the best I could get...






Just look at the way her dear little curls spring out from underneath the cap (sorry, mummy moment there!)



I think I need to wait for a sunny day when she is playing in the garden; hopefully, she will continue to enjoy wearing hats just long enough and I have a baby in mind for the tiny ones, so fingers crossed! In the meantime I will just have to put them on with the pictures I have managed to get so far and hope for the best - sometimes those super-models can be so difficult!




Bye for now
Pipany xx

18 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Do NOT click on the previous comment, it could well be a virus. I have had one similar.

Lovely hats, Pipany.

Pipany said...

It's ok Elizabeth, I deleted it straight away - thank you though xx

Frances said...

Hello again Pipany! These little mop caps are adorable. I bet that folks will want to have more than one for their beautiful little babies and toddlers.

xo

Anonymous said...

I love the material you are using, very summery, bright and comforting.

CJ xx

pink-petal-designs said...

Such cute hats !
Sarah x

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Oh what a dear little head. The hats look fantastic, even if they're not quite the photographs you'd envisaged. x

Moley-Bloke said...

Cutest hats in the world.... EVER!! Wish my monkey was younger...

Jane said...

Very cute - my story about toddlers and photoshoots is when we had the CL photographer here; he took an hour and a half with the children posed in the meadow clutching bunches of wild flowers- they were great, took direction brilliantly (much, much better than me) butthen when he finally called it a day katie (then 3)came up to me and whispered "Mummy I've wet my knickers". What a star.
In the end they only used shots of her and not of Zoe which caused so much disappointment that I don't let them be photographed any more.
I hope you have fun planting all those lovely looking seeds,
J
x

Inthemud said...

How gorgeous! Such pretty materials!

When i was little my mum used to do dresss making as a paret time job, so I'd often find myself bundled into the pram or pusdh chair sitting in some lady's sitting room with my mum measuring either her or for her curtains or something. I loved it ........ so don't worry about isabella missing out , let her join in!

Twiggy said...

Hi there
Those little hats are adorable, my mum used to make similar ones for me in the 1970s with matching dresses - so cute, the dresses and hats not me - I'm not a big head, honest :)
Twiggy

Milla said...

Mummy moment most necessary - that dear little kissable neck. Gorgeous bunting, too.

Faith said...

Lovely blog - made me think of my youngest with her dark curls. Sweet little caps, adorable.

ginny said...

Time with our little ones is so precious. i really understand what you are saying as i started my business when my youngest, imo was just 18 months old. a juggling act but like you it was all and still is very much around the children.
lovely 'mops' Pipany and a very sweet curly girl.
ginny x

Ragged Roses said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. It was very kind of you to thank me for the rose soap but unfortunately it wasn't me who gave it to you!!!!!! I love the mop caps and bunting, so pretty and summery
Kimx

Summer by the sea said...

Your mop caps are so lovely and that bunting is so bright and cheerful - Natalie x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Pipany ! How lovely to see these on a summery day.
x

Anonymous said...

Found you via Curlew Country, spooky as I was just thinking about looking for a tutorial on how to make Bunting, cute little mop caps too. Out of curiosity which comment did you delete for the virus?
have a lovely weekend
Lisa x

Joy said...

Cute hats and yes, the 'Mummy Moment'... that soft, velvety skin. (tears are springing to the eyes--- my babies are 31 and 33 years.)